Birth Trauma Training for Birth Workers online course
Are you a Midwife, Doula, Childbirth Educator, Birth Photographer, Counsellor, or other birth worker?
Feeling burnt out from witnessing traumatic births?
Wondering what to say or how to support a client who has experienced birth trauma?
Confused about the difference between ‘trauma’, PTSD, PND and all the other acronyms?
Do you want to invest in life-long, sustainable self-care strategies that goes beyond bubble baths and green smoothies?
I’m working on releasing a comprehensive birth trauma course just for birth workers. The impact of vicarious trauma on Midwives, Doulas and other birth workers has barely received any research attention, yet we know proper self-care and support is vital for career longevity and your own well being.
We will cover topics such as:
- How do we change birth culture?
- What makes trauma worse?
- The mind-body connection in trauma
- Supporting reluctant partners
- The power of language
- Specific considerations when working with groups
- Resilience and positive outcomes from traumatic birth
- An overview of available treatment modalities (e.g., debriefs, blessings, EMDR, animal assisted therapy)
- Micro and Macro self-care strategies for life
Join me for 8 carefully tailored webinars, practical skills training, resources, plus a live Q&A
More info coming soon!
ALSO – don’t forget my mini live training starts July 9th
What Birth Workers need to Know About Birth Trauma – mini live training event.
I’m offering X3 live training sessions on birth trauma for $197AU
SPECIAL RATE FOR BIRTH TRAUMA AWARENESS WEEK (JULY 7-14 2019)
Link to the event is HERE